What is Condylox?
Condylox Gel slowly kills external anogenital warts. The warts will change from a fleshy skin color to a dry, crusted, dead look, then disappear. Three out of four patients feel some burning or pain after they apply Condylox Gel. Other side effects may include redness, soreness, tenderness, and small sores. These usually go away within a week after Condylox Gel is stopped. If pain or other side effects bother you too much, stop applying Condylox Gel and contact your doctor.
What is the most important information I should know about Condylox?
- Apply condylox gel only on the warts pointed out by your doctor.
- You may feel some mild to moderate discomfort during treatment.
- Stop treatment and call your doctor if you have bleeding, swelling, or excessive pain, burning, or itching.
- Do not use more than two times a day.
- Do not use for more than three days in a row.
- Do not have sexual intercourse on the days you are applying condylox gel.
- Wash hands after every use.
How should I use Condylox?
Follow these and your doctor’s instructions carefully. Apply Condylox Gel only on the warts pointed out by your doctor. Do not use it on any other warts on or inside your body, or for any other skin growth.
1. Unscrew the entire applicator cap. Invert the cap and puncture the tube seal. Replace the applicator cap. To apply Condylox Gel, remove the protective cap on the applicator tip and apply to the warts using the applicator tip or finger. Make sure to replace the applicator cap tightly after use.
|Apply Condylox gel only where your doctor has instructed you.|
2. Apply a small amount of Condylox Gel to the wart(s). Do not get it on normal skin. If a wart is in a skin fold, spread the skin apart so you can reach the wart. A hand mirror can help sometimes. Let Condylox Gel dry before letting the skin folds return to their normal position. Wash your hands well with soap and water after you use Condylox Gel.
3. Apply Condylox Gel once in the morning and once in the evening for three days in a row. Then stop applying Condylox Gel and wait four days. Using Condylox Gel like this is called a treatment week. You should not wash Condylox Gel off the wart area unless you experience excessive pain, burning, or itching.
|Do not apply Condylox gel more than twice each day or for more than three days in a row. using Condylox gel more often will not make it work better but may increase side effects.|
4. If the warts do not go away, repeat the Condylox Gel treatment for another week. You can use Condylox Gel up to four treatment weeks (remember: a treatment week is twice a day for three days, then four days with no treatment). Your doctor may ask you to come back for a check-up visit during treatment. If the warts have not gone away after four treatment weeks, stop applying Condylox Gel and contact your doctor.
|If the area you are putting Condylox gel on is bleeding or swollen, or if there is excessive pain, burning or itching, stop applying Condylox gel and contact your doctor.|
5. Anogenital warts can come back. If your warts come back, contact your doctor.
- Anogenital warts are contagious. You can give them to or get them from your sexual partner. Make sure your sexual partner has been checked for anogenital warts. Condoms may help prevent giving anogenital warts to your sexual partner. Do not have sexual intercourse for the three days you are applying Condylox Gel.
- Women should make sure to use birth control so they will not get pregnant while on Condylox Gel. The effects on the unborn baby are not known. Women can use Condylox Gel during their menstrual period.
- Condylox Gel is prescribed only for your external anogenital warts. Do not let anyone else use it.
- Drug Product is Flammable. Keep Away from Open Flame.
- Always wash your hands after using Condylox Gel.
- Do not get it in your eyes. If you do, immediately flush your eyes with water and contact your doctor.
- Keep the tube cap tightly closed.
- Be sure to keep this and all medications out of the reach of children.
Contact your doctor if you have questions about Condylox Gel.
How should I store Condylox?
Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). [See USP controlled room temperature.]
Keep out of reach of children.
What are the ingredients in Condylox?
Active ingredients: podofilox
Inactive ingredients: alcohol, glycerin, lactic acid, hydroxypropyl cellulose, sodium lactate, butylated hydroxytoluene