What is Livtencity?
Livtencity is a prescription medicine used to treat cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection and disease in adults and children 12 years of age and older weighing at least 77 pounds (35 kg) who have received a transplant, when their infection or disease does not respond to treatment with the medicines ganciclovir, valganciclovir, cidofovir or foscarnet.
It is not known if Livtencity is safe and effective in children under 12 years of age.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before taking Livtencity?
Before taking Livtencity, tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including if you:
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Livtencity will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Livtencity passes into your breast milk. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby during treatment with Livtencity.
Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. Livtencity may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Livtencity works and cause serious side effects.
Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take a seizure (anticonvulsant) medicine.
- You can ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for a list of medicines that interact with Livtencity.
- Do not start a new medicine without telling your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider will tell you if it is safe to take Livtencity with other medicines.
- Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of your medicines and show it to your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
How should I take Livtencity?
- Take Livtencity exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it.
- Take Livtencity 2 times a day.
- Take Livtencity with or without food.
- If you take too much Livtencity, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
What are the possible side effects of Livtencity?
The most common side effects of Livtencity include:
- changes in taste
These are not all the possible side effects of Livtencity.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
General information about the safe and effective use of Livtencity
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in the Patient Information leaflet. Do not use Livtencity for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give Livtencity to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them. You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information about Livtencity that is written for health professionals.
How should I store Livtencity?
- Store Livtencity at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
Keep Livtencity and all medicines out of the reach of children.
What are the ingredients in Livtencity?
Active ingredient: maribavir
Inactive ingredients: FD&C Blue #1, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, sodium starch glycolate, titanium dioxide, and talc.
For more information, go to www.LIVTENCITY.com or call 1-877-TAKEDA-7 (1-877-825-3327)