What is Nasonex 24HR Allergy?
Nasonex 24HR Allergy is an over-the-counter corticosteroid nasal spray for the temporary relief of these symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- nasal congestion
- runny nose
- itchy nose
What is the most important information I should know about Nasonex 24HR Allergy?
Nasonex 24HR Allergy is only for use in the nose. Do not spray into your eyes or mouth.
Who should not use Nasonex 24HR Allergy?
Do not use:
- in children under 2 years of age
- to treat asthma
- if you have an injury or surgery to your nose that is not fully healed
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of the ingredients
What should I tell my healthcare provider before using Nasonex 24HR Allergy?
Before you use Nasonex 24HR Allergy tell your doctor if you:
- have an eye infection
- have or had glaucoma or cataracts
Also ask your doctor or pharmacist before using Nasonex 24HR Allergy if you are taking:
- medicine for HIV infection (such as ritonavir)
- a steroid medicine for asthma, allergies or skin rash
- ketoconazole pills (medicine for fungal infection)
When using this product:
- the growth rate of some children may be slower
- stinging may occur for a few seconds right after use
- you may start to feel relief within 12 hours and full effect after several days of regular, once-a-day use
- do not share this bottle with anyone else as this may spread germs
- remember to tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including this one
Stop use and ask your doctor if:
- you have, or come into contact with someone who has chickenpox, measles or tuberculosis
- your symptoms do not get better within 7. days of starting use or you get new symptoms such as severe facial pain or thick nasal discharge. You may. have something more than allergies, such as an infection
- you get a constant whistling sound from your nose. This may be a sign of damage inside your nose
- you get an allergic reaction to this product. Seek medical help right away
- you get new changes to your vision that develop after starting this product
- your have severe or frequent nose bleeds
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center rightaway (1-800-222-1222).
How should I use Nasonex 24HR Allergy?
- Read Instructions for Use insert (inside package) for how to:
- prime the bottle
- used the spray
- clean the nozzle
- shake well before each use
- use this product only once a day
- do not use more than directed
Adults and children 12 years of age and older:
- 2 sprays in each nostril once daily while sniffing gently
Children 2 to 11 years of age:
- the growth rate of some children may be slower while using this product. Children should use for the shortest amount of time necessary to achieve symptoms relief. Talk to your child's doctor if your child needs to use the spray for longer than two months a year
- an adult should supervise use
- 1 spray in each nostril once daily while sniffing gently
Children under 2 years of age:
- do not use
- do not sue if sealed package is torn or opened
- keep package and insert. They contain important information
How should I store Nasonex 24HR Allergy?
- Store between 68-77°F (20-25°C).
- Discard 75 days after first use of the product
- Keep Nasonex and all medicines out of the reach of children.
What are the ingredients in Nasonex 24HR Allergy?
Active ingredient: mometasone furoate monohydrate
Inactive ingredients: benzalkonium chloride, citric acid, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium citrate
For more information call toll-free 1-800-864-9649.
Instructions for use for Nasonex 24HR Allergy
For use in your nose only.
A. Getting Started
Nasonex 24HR Allergy works best at relieving your allergy symptoms when you get a full dose. Here's how to get started, in five easy steps.
Shake the bottle well.
Remove the cap.
Do this when:
- Starting a new bottole
- Bottle has not been used in one week
- Just cleaned nozzle
Otherwise go to step 3
Aim away from face. Grasp spray bottle as shown. Pump until fine mist appears. Pumped ten times and still no mist? Spray nozzle may be clogged. See Keep it Clean.
Note: There is enough medicine in the bottle to allow for priming sprays plus the number of sprays labeled on the bottle
Blow nose gently to clear nostrils.
Close one nostril and put tips of spray nozzle in other nostril.
Put just the tip into your nose.
Aim slightly aways from the center of nose.
5. Breathe and spray
While sniffing gently, press down on spray nozzle once or twice (according to dosing instructions). You'll feel a light mist in your nose. Breathe out through your mouth.
Repeat in other nostril.
Wipe spray nozzle with clean tissue and replace cap.
B. Directions for use
Nasonex 24HR Allergy works best when you use it daily. Here's how to get started.
WARNING. Do not spray in your eyes. Only for use in your nose.
Children age 2-11
An adult should supervise use. Use one spray in each nostril once daily.
Check with your child's doctor if child needs to use Nasonex for longer than two month a year.
Users age 12 or older
Use two sprays in each nostril every day.
Other important information for use
- Do not use more than directed
- If you forget a dose, do not double the next dose
- Do not spray into eyes or mouth
- If you get the spray in your eyes, rinse well with water
- If allergy symptoms do not improve after one week, stop using and talk to a doctor
- Do no share this bottle with anyone. else as this may spread germs
- Discard 75 days after first use of the product
C. Keep it clean
A clean spray nozzle helps ensure a full dose. Clean it weekly, or if it's clogged. Don't try to unblock the nozzle with a pin or sharp object - that can damage it.
Remove spray nozzle by grasping at base and pulling up. Rinse under running tap water, and dry at room temperature.
Aim away from your face and gently, but firmly replace spray nozzle. If spray nozzle is clogged, soak in warm water. Then repeat steps 2 and 3.
Questions or comments? Call toll-free 1-800-864-9649
Store between 68-77°F (20-25°C)
Instructions for use approved 03/2022.