What is pegfilgrastim-cbqv used for?
- Pegfilgrastim-cbqv is used to lower the chance of getting an infection in people with bone marrow problems caused by chemo.
- Pegfilgrastim-cbqv may be given to you for other reasons. Talk to your doctor.
Before taking pegfilgrastim-cbqv, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to pegfilgrastim-cbqv; any part of this medicine; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you weigh less than 99 pounds (45 kilograms), talk with your doctor.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take pegfilgrastim-cbqv with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take pegfilgrastim-cbqv?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take pegfilgrastim-cbqv. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take pegfilgrastim-cbqv within 14 days before or on the same day that you get chemo.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take pegfilgrastim-cbqv.
- Some people with sickle cell disease have had times where the sickle cell disease has gotten worse when taking pegfilgrastim-cbqv. Sometimes, this has been deadly. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is pegfilgrastim-cbqv best taken?
Use pegfilgrastim-cbqv as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as a shot into the fatty part of the skin.
- If you will be giving yourself the shot, your doctor or nurse will teach you how to give the shot.
- Keep taking pegfilgrastim-cbqv as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- Leave pegfilgrastim-cbqv at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before using. Do not remove the cap or cover until ready to use. Do not heat pegfilgrastim-cbqv.
- Do not use if the solution is cloudy, leaking, or has particles.
- Do not use if solution changes color.
- Do not shake.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Do not give into skin that is irritated, bruised, red, infected, or scarred.
- Move the site where you give the shot with each shot.
- Throw away any part left over after the dose is given.
- Throw syringe away after use. Do not use the same syringe more than one time.
- Throw away needles in a needle/sharp disposal box. Do not reuse needles or other items. When the box is full, follow all local rules for getting rid of it. Talk with a doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are the side effects of pegfilgrastim-cbqv that I need to call my doctor about immediately?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
- Signs of lung or breathing problems like shortness of breath or other trouble breathing, cough, or fever.
- Dark urine.
- Sweating a lot.
- Fast breathing.
- Swelling of belly.
- Feeling full.
- Enlarged and ruptured spleens have happened with pegfilgrastim-cbqv. Sometimes, ruptured spleens have been deadly. Call your doctor right away if you have left upper stomach pain or left shoulder pain.
- Swelling of the main blood vessel that comes out of the heart (aorta) has happened with pegfilgrastim-cbqv. Call your doctor right away if you feel very tired or weak. Call your doctor if you have fever, stomach pain, or back pain.
- Capillary leak syndrome (CLS) is a very bad health problem that has happened with pegfilgrastim-cbqv. Sometimes, CLS can be deadly. Tell your doctor right away if you get signs of CLS like change in how much urine is passed; not able to pass urine; blood in the urine; a fast or abnormal heartbeat; chest pain or pressure; dizziness or passing out; shortness of breath; a big weight gain; swelling; throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds; or if you have black, tarry, or bloody stools.
What are some other side effects of pegfilgrastim-cbqv?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Bone pain.
- Muscle pain.
- Pain in arms or legs.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If overdose is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out pegfilgrastim-cbqv?
- Store in a refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- Store in the original container to protect from light.
- If pegfilgrastim-cbqv freezes, let it thaw in the refrigerator before use.
- Do not use if pegfilgrastim-cbqv has been frozen more than once.
- Do not use pegfilgrastim-cbqv if it has been dropped or if it is broken.
- If needed, pegfilgrastim-cbqv can be left out at room temperature for up to 48 hours. Throw away unopened drug if left at room temperature for more than 48 hours.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use and disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about pegfilgrastim-cbqv, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take pegfilgrastim-cbqv or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to pegfilgrastim-cbqv. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.